First Equity is currently looking for an experienced Intermediate / Senior Tax Accountant to join our team.
The role will include ensuring compliance with corporate, personal, trust and partnership tax requirements including the preparation of the income tax, FBT and GST returns and assisting in the development of tax policies and procedures for a variety of clients. This is an all-encompassing tax focused role with an opportunity to be involved in major business projects. Reporting to our Manager, duties also include accuracy and effectiveness in all of the company’s accounting tasks. In this role the person will have interaction with various members of a company, both senior and junior, providing technical and operational advice, aiding the accuracy and timeliness of information.
Essential Functions Include
- Technical skills including knowledge of personal income tax, company tax, CGT and GST
- Tax Planning and preparation of income tax returns
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts and associated tax requirements.
- Research tax issues and participate in report writing.
- Assisting in advisory work.
- Provide accounting & tax guidance to the business in connection with new contractual agreements and manage related work with internal staff.
- CA qualified or near completion
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Preferably 3+ Years’ business services experience
- Ability to work independently and strive for career development and improvement.
- Experience with APS, Xero, MYOB.
What We Can Provide You
- Mapped out career development plan and mentoring
- Attractive Salary package
- Great company culture
- Work on Medium-Large clients and wealthy family groups.
- Interaction with other staff from all different levels from grads to the CEO
- A company that prides itself on diversity and inclusion
- Work life balance and flexibility