- You are receiving this notification because certain personal information belonging to you is being collected by First Equity Services Pty Limited (referred to in this document as First Equity).
- The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act) imposes obligations on First Equity in relation to the collection, storage, use and disclosure of personal information. These obligations are detailed in the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act.
- Under the APPs, First Equity is only permitted to collect personal information if it is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of the functions or activities of First Equity.
- First Equity is collecting your personal information for the following purposes:
- information that we may require to initially identify you, including but not limited to your full name (or the name of your business), age, date of birth and job title;
- information that we can use to contact you, including but not limited to your telephone number, facsimile number, mobile number, email address and mailing address;
- information that we will require when registering you as an investor and opening an account with us for the provision of appropriate products and services, including but not limited to:
- personal details, such as full name (or the name of your business), age, date of birth, job title and any identification documents;
- contact details, such as your telephone or facsimile number, mobile number, email address and mailing address; and
- any financial information that may be relevant to the registration of you as an investor or the opening of an account with us for the provision of appropriate products or services, such as financial accounts and banking accounts;
- information that we can use to:
- process your requests for products or services provided by us; or
- process any investment transactions (including any purchases and sales) on your behalf,
including but not limited to your credit card number, name on the credit card, credit card expiry date and credit card security code, bank account type, bank account name, bank account number or IBAN, BSB, BIC/SWIFT codes, name and address of your bank;
- information that may be used for statistical purposes, or to improve our Website, products, services and performance, including but not limited to the date and time of your visit of our Website, the web pages you have accessed from our Website; the documents you have downloaded from our Website, your IP address and the operating system and internet browser First Equity may disclose your personal information to third parties to fulfil one or more of the Purposes.
- The third parties to whom First Equity is likely to disclose your personal information to fulfil one or more of the Purposes include:
- third party service providers utilised in connection with any administrative matters;
- service providers (including IT service providers and consultants) who assist First Equity in providing or marketing our services;
- related entities and related bodies corporate of First Equity;
- third parties in connection with the sale of any part of First Equity’s business;
- our contractors and;
- superannuation details to a fund administrator;
- Tax File Number Declaration to the Australian Taxation Office;
- where First Equity is required by law to provide personal information so that First Equity complies with court orders, subpoenas or other legislation that requires us to provide personal information (for example, a garnishee order).
- your superannuation company; and
- the Australian Taxation Office.
- Some of these third parties may be located overseas. We will not send personal information to organisations outside of Australia unless:
- we have taken reasonable steps to ensure that the recipient does not breach the Privacy Act, or the APPs;
- the recipient is subject to a privacy scheme similar to the Privacy Act; or
- you have consented to the disclosure.
- If First Equity is unable to collect your personal information, then First Equity may be unable to fulfil one or more of the Purposes.
- First Equity aims to handle your personal information in accordance with its obligations under the Privacy Act.
- If you have any questions or queries in relation to the collection of your personal information by First Equity, you can contact First Equity on firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 8624 6130.
- This privacy notification is made in compliance with Australian Privacy Principle 5.
A: Lvl 5, 97 Pacific Hwy,
North Sydney, NSW